Offered Salary $28.23 - $42.39 / hour
Career Level Registered Nurse
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Hourly Wage Estimate: $28.23 – $42.39 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Med Surg MSU LPN with Sunrise Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Sunrise Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Sunrise Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Med Surg MSU LPN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LPN/LVN provides individualized, comprehensive care consistent with the scope and standards of the specialty.
- You will develop and implement individual patient care plans as directed by the physician or RN in accordance with standards of nursing practice through implementation of the nursing process and nursing diagnosis.
- You will administer medications as ordered for specific group of patients and demonstrates knowledge of their modes of action, side effects and contraindications.
- You will insert and maintain IVs, after meeting training requirements and demonstrating competency.
- You will assume responsibility for patient placement on the unit and assignment of care responsibilities that consider complexity of nursing care required by each patient.
- You will evaluate patient environment for safety and communicate identified concerns to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- You will provide patient education and keeps patient informed of treatment plan.
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing School Required
- 1 year of applicable experience Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association Required
- IV Certification as mandated by the state of practice Required within 12 months of hire. Required to work under credentialed RN until training certification obtained.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high-quality, advanced healthcare services. We have been serving our community for nearly 60 years. Sunrise Hospital has been a Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years. We are the largest acute care facility in Nevada and the state’s only fresh post-op Pediatric CICU. Our facility offers an advanced comprehensive stroke center which received the Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the GWTG.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Med Surg MSU LPN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.