Offered Salary $28.23 - $42.39 / hour
Career Level Registered Nurse
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Hourly Wage Estimate: $28.23 – $42.39 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Medical Observation Med Surg LPN opening with Sunrise Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Sunrise Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Medical Observation Med Surg LPN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Respiratory, dialysis, renal patients, high observation (mental health patients)
Charge Nurses, RN, LPN, Certified Nursing Assistants, Unit Clerks all working to support in each other, working together in providing each patient quality care.
Team approach, Busy floor, Supportive leadership
Shift: Full Time Nights; 7p-7a, 36 hours per week
We are seeking an experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) for ourMedical Observation Unit.In this role you will collaborate with the RN and other members of the care team to provide individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care to (Respiratory, Dialysis, Renal and High Observation patients) in accordance with the requirements of the department and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. If this describes you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
- You will develop and implement individual patient care plans as directed by the physician or RN in accordance with standards of nursing practice through implementation of the nursing process and nursing diagnosis.
- You will administer medications as ordered for specific group of patients and demonstrates knowledge of their modes of action, side effects and contraindications.
- You will insert and maintain IVs, after meeting training requirements and demonstrating competency.
- You will assume responsibility for patient placement on the unit and assignment of care responsibilities that consider complexity of nursing care required by each patient.
- You will evaluate patient environment for safety and communicate identified concerns to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- You will provide patient education and keeps patient informed of treatment plan.
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing School Required
- 1 year of applicable experience Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association Required
- IV Certification as mandated by the state of practice Required within 12 months of hire. Required to work under credentialed RN until training certification obtained.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high-quality, advanced healthcare services. We have been serving our community for nearly 60 years. Sunrise Hospital has been a Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years. We are the largest acute care facility in Nevada and the state’s only fresh post-op Pediatric CICU. Our facility offers an advanced comprehensive stroke center which received the Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the GWTG.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Observation Med Surg LPN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.